Isla Vista Hammond's Flyctcatcher, etc.

Dave Compton

Definitely a good migrant day on the south coast, at least in south Goleta area. Among a fair number of common migrants, I had a Hammond's Flycatcher on the south side of the Camino Corto Open Space, a little northeast of Tierra de Fortuna Park in Isla Vista. This was at about 9:40 this morning.

I also had four or five Swainson's Thrushes in the riparian a little west of here, just north of the West Campus Housing. Most were detected by sound. Otherwise, good numbers of Black-headed Grosbeaks, Yellow Warblers, and Wilson's Warblers along the Isla Vista/West Campus boundary.