Re: Eurasian Collared Doves at SBMNH

Phila Rogers

Dear Friends:
I hear the Eurasian Collared-Dove wherever I go, near Oak Creek where
I live, adjacent to the Botanic Garden, and even at Nojoqui Falls
County Park where several of us were checking out the Purple Martins.
The park was awash with bird song and many cavity nesters. When the
Martens were checking out a potential hole, a nearby Ash-throated
Flycatcher took exception to the Martens as possible neighbors and
gave chase.

Phila Rogers

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 2:13 PM Rebecca Coulter <rfcphoebe@...> wrote:

Greetings birders,
For the first time in 12 years of coming here almost daily, I have heard Eurasian Collared Doves singing and seen them around the oak woodland on the property. I have looked for nesting but can't find anything. I regularly see them at Rocky Nook Park, occasionally at the Botanic Garden, but never on Museum property. Band-tailed Pigeons yes; ECDs, never. Anyone else notice their increase in Mission Canyon?

Rebecca Coulter
SB