Neotropic, etc.

Hugh Ranson

The cormo-runt was in the eucs at the Devereux half-a-bridge at 12:30 this afternoon.

This morning I rode my bike around hoping for singing eastern warblers and vireos. Not a one. There were two Green Herons at the mitigation ponds south of Atascadero Creek. Also there were Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and a Chestnut-backed Chickadee.

During a ten minute watch under the Modoc/La Cumbre bridge, I watched White-throated Swifts enter three different holes and depart shortly thereafter. I presume they're feeding young.

Hugh Ranson