Blue-winged Teal brood at Area K

Nick Lethaby

All,

This evening I had a female BW Teal with 10 ducklings in far NE corner of Area K. I got poor photos since I haven't worked out how to use my new camera yet and it has a horrible multipoint focus feature which seems to guarantee nothing is actually in focus. It would be great if someone can try to get a decent picture. Early morning or evening seems to be best. I had 8 Gadwall broods including one with an amazing 19 ducklings that is definitely just a single brood.

There were 27 Western and 3 Least Sandpipers at Devereux.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200