[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Blue-winged Teal (2 reports)
- Neotropic Cormorant (1 report)

Blue-winged Teal (Spatula discors) (4)
- Reported Jul 17, 2019 08:37 by Adrian O'Loghlen
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Comments: "3 males, 1 rather certain female tightly latched to a male. Then there is a female teal with an older brood of at least 5 that I cannot positively I’d. But a male bluing teal intruded into the brood and female and the female responded aggressively."

Blue-winged Teal (Spatula discors) (4)
- Reported Jul 17, 2019 08:37 by Mark Holmgren
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Comments: "3 males, 1 rather certain female tightly latched to a male. Then there is a female teal (photo attached under Cinnamon Teal) with an older brood of at least 5 that I cannot positively I’d. But a male Blue-winged Teal intruded into the brood and female and the female responded aggressively."

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1)
- Reported Jul 17, 2019 11:37 by Glenn Kincaid
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Continuing, perched on snag in slough. Yellow gular coming to point in rear with white edge. No yellow over bill in front of eye."