Area K and North Campus Open Space

Glenn Kincaid

At Area K this morning I was able to get confirming photos of a female Blue-winged Teal and ducklings, in the far NE portion of the water.  It was quite a duckling-fest there with groups of Gadwall and Mallards mixing in with the Teal.  A checklist with photo is here:

At North Campus Open Space, I met Joan Lentz and Libby Patten at the western bridge, where the continuing juvenile Yellow-crowned Night-heron was politely standing near juvenile Black-crowned Night-herons for educational views.  It also caught and eventually swallowed a large crayfish.  Photos in this checklist:

--
Glenn Kincaid