Re: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] YBNH at Devereux

Rob Hofberg

I've been bird watching for 52 years and half the time I have no idea what these abbreviations mean half the time. Maybe use the full name it least once in a post, and then the rest of the time abbreviate it?

Rob Hofberg

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:33 AM Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
You never know unless the bird is spelled out properly. There are only 23 birds that start with YB, ( B= billed, Bellied, breasted, browed, Black, barred, and backed to mention a few) and if the B is a mistake? Who’s to know if any of the other letter are a typo?

Also, “ wondering how long that would take to happen”  could mean a long over due bird.

Tom is a great birder, I do not want to miss anything good he finds.

Good birding,

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
Solvang CA