Re: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] YBNH at Devereux

Rob Hofberg

I've been bird watching for 52 years and half the time I have no idea what these abbreviations mean half the time. Maybe use the full name it least once in a post, and then the rest of the time abbreviate it?

Rob Hofberg

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:33 AM Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
You never know unless the bird is spelled out properly. There are only 23 birds that start with YB, ( B= billed, Bellied, breasted, browed, Black, barred, and backed to mention a few) and if the B is a mistake? Who’s to know if any of the other letter are a typo?

Also, “ wondering how long that would take to happen”  could mean a long over due bird.

Tom is a great birder, I do not want to miss anything good he finds.

Good birding,

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
Solvang CA

On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:46 AM, zonetail@... wrote:

YCNH I presume.

Hugh Ranson
SB

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:26 AM, Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz@...> wrote:
YBNH ?

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
wes-fritz@...
Solvang CA

On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Nick Lethaby via Groups.Io <nlethaby=ti.com@groups.io> wrote:

Which age? Is the juv from NCOS?

And yes, years overdue.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@sbcobirding.groups.io [mailto:main@sbcobirding.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas Turner
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:06 AM
To: sbcobirding@groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] YBNH at Devereux

There is a YB Night Heron at the Devereux night heron roost. Been wondering when that would happen.

-Tom.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Join main@sbcobirding.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.