Late Breeding Birds

Mark Holmgren

Below is a list of those species that we’ve detected breeding between 15 August and 30 September in the last three years.  Before looking at the list, what do you think some of those late-breeding species might be?

The more contributions we receive, the better the results of all sorts of questions reflect what’s actually happening in nature in Santa Barbara County.

Submit at:

https://santabarbaraaudubon.org/sb-breeding-bird-survey-data-submittal/

Species

Total 'late' records in the BBS 2016-18

Scaly-breasted Munia

6

Western Grebe

3

Lesser Goldfinch

3

Band-tailed Pigeon

3

Clark’s Grebe

3

Eurasian Collared-Dove

2

No. Mockingbird

2

Acorn Woodpecker

2

Calif. Quail

2

Acorn Woodpecker

1

Hooded Oriole

1

Red-tailed Hawk

1

Ruddy Duck

1

Barn Swallow

1

Brandt’s Cormorant

1

House Sparrow

1

White-tailed Kite

1

Here's the result of the Google Fusion Table manipulation performed to get this output for 2016 only.

Go to https://goo.gl/AJQxKj. In either Table mode or Map mode, set filters for Date and Common Name. Don't forget to click Find after setting each filter.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.22.55 AM.png
Mark Holmgren and Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta