[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (3 reports)

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1)
- Reported Aug 14, 2019 17:00 by Ana Cole
- Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3961231,-119.5283666&ll=34.3961231,-119.5283666
- Media: 1 Photo

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1)
- Reported Aug 14, 2019 17:00 by Brian Genge
- Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3961231,-119.5283666&ll=34.3961231,-119.5283666
- Media: 1 Photo

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1)
- Reported Aug 15, 2019 11:02 by Caleb Centanni
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "(Rare): photo: cont. juv bird : thanks to local birding pair who pointed it out to us: we had seen it but assumed juv BCNH since it was near an adult BCNH and also YCNH rare here : the birdman let us look at it and photo it through his scope , pointed out the vertical white lines of the feathers instead of just white dots : also we noted darker bill instead of yellowish "