Bill Crowe
Woodland Hills
(424) 208-9805

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 3:39:11 PM PDT, Bradley Hacker <hacker@...> wrote:

I walked past there this AM and did not see it.

On 8/16/2019 14:43, Nick Lethaby via Groups.Io wrote:
I just saw a ebird alert of a "Common Tern" from yesterday at Coal Oil Point, which is, in fact, an Arctic Tern. Not sure if it is still around. It was sitting on the beach.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@sbcobirding.groups.io [mailto:main@sbcobirding.groups.io] On Behalf Of eBird alert
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 2:40 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

*** Species Summary:

- Common Tern (1 report)
- Neotropic Cormorant (3 reports)
- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (1 report)

Common Tern (Sterna hirundo) (1)
- Reported Aug 14, 2019 11:00 by Bill Crowe
- Coal Oil Point, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4083967,-119.8797226&ll=34.4083967,-119.8797226
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "On beach. Appeared to be exhausted. In breeding plumage"

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 15, 2019 18:25 by Christopher Kibler
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Continuing. It was not there when I arrived, but it flew in and perched in a tree next to the bridge to nowhere. The bird had pale lores unlike DCCO, which has yellow lores. The bird was smaller than the DCCOs sitting nearby, and its tail was proportionally longer than the DCCO tails."

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 15, 2019 10:53 by Mark Holmgren
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Continuing "

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 16, 2019 08:25 by Bradley Hacker
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Small cormorant with paint white skin behind mandible"

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 15, 2019 10:53 by Mark Holmgren
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Continuing "

Bradley R. Hacker             Professor of Geology
Dept of Earth Science and Earth Research Institute
University of California, Santa Barbara CA 93106-9630
http://hacker.faculty.geol.ucsb.edu
LASS: http://www.petrochronology.com
EPMA, SEM & EBSD: http://sites.google.com/site/semgeolucsb

--