[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (1 report)
- Swainson's Hawk (1 report)
- Yellow-rumped Warbler (1 report)

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1)
- Reported Aug 23, 2019 10:19 by Joan Lentz
- Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3961231,-119.5283666&ll=34.3961231,-119.5283666
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "See photos. Immature birds of this species have been in the area of the Nature Park for several years now. I hadn't seen one at this location or this close by previously, however."

Swainson's Hawk (Buteo swainsoni) (1)
- Reported Aug 22, 2019 17:00 by Anonymous eBirder
- Aliso Canyon Road, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9350598,-119.7259998&ll=34.9350598,-119.7259998
- Comments: "Not unusual here"

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata) (1)
- Reported Aug 22, 2019 12:00 by Anonymous eBirder
- Mid-town Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9363906,-120.435686&ll=34.9363906,-120.435686
- Comments: "Sitting at a stop-light I heard the distinctive chip, and the bird obligingly popped down into view before the light changed. Obvious white wing bars and white in the tail. Very early fall arrival date for the county"