Lake Jocelyn & Carp Salt Marsh Nature Park this morning

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:
Marilyn Harding & I went out to see if we could find the Solitary Sandpiper seen yesterday by John Callender at Lake Jocelyn.  No luck.  Pond still has lots of water & a few Red-necked Phalaropes.
Then to Carp Creek briefly, where we stood on the 8th St. bridge & it was so pathetically devoid of birds that we quickly left.  Great habitat there but perhaps to early in the day or ?
At Carp Marsh Nature Park, had one immature Yellow-crowned Night-Heron at the culvert that runs between the eastern portion of the marsh and the bigger channel.  Hadn’t seen this species at that particular location before, very close views.  Otherwise, ho-hum birding there, too.
Joan Lentz