Re: Gaviota - White-crowned Sparrow

Phila Rogers

This looks like an immature (nuttalli) white-crowned sparrow which breeds on the coast mostly north of Pt. Conception.  The wintering sparrow here is another subspecies  (Gambeli?)  Phila Rogers (Berkeley and Santa Barbara)

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM Peter Schneekloth via Groups.Io <peterschneekloth=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I walked out to the Gaviota fennel patch this morning. It is blooming nicely but no migrants found. I did find a White-crowned Sparrow on the way out which seemed out of place. I am still researching but any comments on timing, location and subspecies of the bird most welcomed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/48626111403/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton