Devereux this morning -- wonderful but nothing new

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:
Libby, Marilyn, and I ran into Barb Millett, and George and Gage, and between us we think we saw most of the birds there!  Thanks to Gage for help with the continuing TWO Red Knots, decidedly not red on these individuals, and lots of other continuing birds including the American Avocet, juvenile Short-billed Dowitchers, a couple of Greater Yellowlegs, many more peep in the distance than I could comfortably identify.  Lots of juvenile Western Sandpipers, and a few Least Sandpipers are showing well close to the road.  The more I study shorebirds, the less I like looking at them in the far distance.  Such a treat to see the juvenile Short-billed Dowitchers feeding close to Slough Rd., and even a Red-necked Phalarope (juvenile) with lovely golden traces down its back was close enough to photograph.
This will not last!  Hurry on out there!
(No Neotropic Cormorant seen.)
Joan Lentz