[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Lesser Nighthawk (1 report)
- Pacific Golden-Plover (3 reports)
- Ovenbird (1 report)
- Lucy's Warbler (1 report)

Lesser Nighthawk (Chordeiles acutipennis) (7) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 01, 2019 18:40 by Anonymous eBirder
- Quatal Canyon (SBA Co.), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.819282,-119.4588733&ll=34.819282,-119.4588733
- Comments: "Continuing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/59d3ijcy_is?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rnl_IVVnDI?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>"

Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (1)
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 08:12 by Mark Holmgren
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Smaller, more petite Black-bellied type of plover with golden cast to dorsal feathers. Bill slender and petite. Strong, pale supercilium outlined a discreet dark crown. Dark post-auricular spot. No more than about 2 primaries seemed to extend beyond tertials, but our views were distant. Black feathers on belly indicate this is an adult molting towards Basic plumage. Found yesterday by Nick Lethaby and re-encountered today by John Callender."

Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (1)
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 08:12 by Lori Gaskin
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Details to follow."

Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (1)
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 07:11 by John Callender
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing bird found yesterday by Nick Lethaby. Golden wash, smallish beak."

Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) (1)
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 10:51 by Mark Holmgren
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Comments: "The dark rufous crown appeared spiky as I came upon it bathing in the storm drain at the south end of Coronado Drive. The rufous spikes were bordered by dark lines on the sides of the crown. I did not take note of the bill or the face but as it was taking off I saw that the back was uniformly olive-brown and the breast was rather heavily streaked. Seen for no more than 2 seconds and no one else saw this bird. I spent more than 45 more minutes waiting for another view of the bird but did not see it again."

Lucy's Warbler (Leiothlypis luciae) (1)
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 10:30 by Jamie Chavez
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "This Lucy's Warbler was found in the myoporum row that parallels the RR tracks next to the park. Identified by its uniform gray coloration lacking any specific marks or features, plain looking face, pointed bill and short tail. Overall it appeared whitish below and gray on the upperparts. This small warbler was actively feeding low in the shrubs and exposed branches but rarely moved into the open for good looks. It would occasionally utter a high, thin "teep" call."