[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Pacific Golden-Plover (1 report)

Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 02, 2019 15:42 by Conor McMahon
- Goleta Slough Ecological Reserve--Area K, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.42119,-119.84824&ll=34.42119,-119.84824
- Comments: "Continuing, resting and inactive on bare mud between weeds on far edge of the big water puddle. The only Pluvialis plover present, with strong white supercilium, slight gold cast to back, slighter bill than BBPL.
Stretched a couple times while I was here but didn't do any active foraging. I left to do some gardening and came back 20 minutes later hoping it would have decided to come out more into the open, but couldn't relocate it.
Digoscoped photo. "