[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (1 report)
- Eastern Kingbird (1 report)

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (2)
- Reported Sep 06, 2019 08:00 by Tom Beland
- Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3961231,-119.5283666&ll=34.3961231,-119.5283666
- Comments: "white stripe, red eye, shorter bill"

Eastern Kingbird (Tyrannus tyrannus) (1)
- Reported Sep 06, 2019 07:12 by Jamie Chavez
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Dark-backed kingbird with white throat and contrasting blackish head. The bird was all white below and it showed a pale terminal band on the dark tail. At one point it appeared to squabble with a Black Phoebe and uttered short call notes which is how I initially noticed it. It was originally found on the brushy slope under the train trestle, then flew to the top of the small clump of tamarisk trees at the base of the pier. It flew off and I was unable to relocate it. Poor back-lit photos were obtained"