Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sbcobirding] Worm-eating Warbler again

Nick Lethaby

Your photos are certainly the bird.

On Sep 7, 2019 11:14 PM, John Callender <jbc@...> wrote:
I looked for the bird for a few hours after 4 p.m. today, staying mostly at the location where it was observed earlier today by several observers (roughly 34.423044, -119.886429). At one point I saw a good candidate directly overhead. I didn't get a conclusive view through binoculars, but I saw enough to make me think there was a good chance, and switched to trying to get photos. My first sequence of shots was badly out-of-focus, but the second showed most of the underside of the bird (alas, not including the crown). Based mostly on the dark smudging on the undertail coverts I'm hopeful the photos are sufficient to identify the bird, but I'd be grateful if people more familiar with the species would be willing to take a look and let me know what they think.

Photos are in the eBird list below. Thanks!

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59595409

John Callender
Carpinteria

--