Elings Park Upland Sandpiper

Peter Gaede

Fist off, probably not chaseable, as the bird flew off at 0845 to the west and seemed to continue in a more or less direct path without hesitation. I first heard the calls when it was on the ground a second before take off, then watched as it flew off from the open area close to the stone bench. It called 4 times in flight as it departed, and I was able to see the bird pretty well in flight (back, head, tail and bill) as it left heading up the coast. I searched the open short grass section below where the paragliders land to see if it might have doubled back. No luck, unfortunately.

Peter Gaede