Carpinteria on Tuesday morning

Florence Sanchez

Very quiet.  I checked the Tams between City Hall and the driving range--a lot of common residents species (House Finches, Western Bluebirds, Bushtits) but pretty much no migrants.  I found 1 young male Common Yellowthroat, a female Yellow Warbler, and 2 Pacific Slope Flycatchers along with a couple of House wrens.  That was pretty much it.  Tams behind the driving range parking lot were birdless.  Carpinteria Creek also quiet:  no sign of the Northern Waterthrush found earlier.  Only warbler found was 1 male Townsend's Warbler near the Eighth Street Bridge.