Vultures moving

Mark Holmgren

Early this morning I watched for raptors from three different positions on San Miguelito Canyon Road, between Lompoc and South Vandenberg AFB. A burst of 70 vultures were up and moving shortly after dawn. 1 vulture allowed itself to drift north. All others headed south. Very blustery conditions made watching difficult. Winds generally out of the south causing slow passage by the high-flying vultures. Map of my 3 positions to be added later. Checklist here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60130901

A Hermit Warbler was with a flock of Townsend’s Warblers in Miguelito County Park.

Mark Holmgren
San Marcos Pass area