NCOS AM 10/18/19

Steven Gaulin

Today I birded the northern boundary of NCOS with Michelle Brown and Dan Conroy-Beam, our primary quarry being Burrowing Owl. Despite locating the described BUOW locality, we failed, though there was significant human activity in the immediate area which may have been relevant.

More interestingly, we saw and heard a Marsh Wren at the recommended BUOW viewing point, and a vocalizing Tropical Kingbird at Whitter Pond, the easternmost pond N. of the main East-West trail. Based on voice, there was also a likely second MAWR at the Whittier Pond.

Steven Gaulin