Re: Burrowing Owl @ NCOS

Adrian O'Loghlen

I re-found the NCOS Owl this am (Sun) after a number of people reported not being able to locate it.  It was at a different location than previously reported at a site about 100 m east of the original location and down at the base of the slope (see photo).  It was difficult to spot and I wasn't certain this was the bird until I saw it move. Again the best spot to see it is from the west side of Phelps Bridge looking almost directly south.  The photo shows some landmarks you can use to help find it - provided it hasn't move to yet another hibernaculum!

Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta