Re: American Bittern @ LLC

Mark Bright

I was there later this morning (Wednesday) perhaps around 10:30. Don & Marge Thornton found the American Bittern straight across in the reeds from the east side of the dam. We watched for about 10 minutes. Sometimes it came out fully exposed at the front of the reeds. It then took flight to the eastern end of the cove east of the dam and was then at the edge of the reeds on the shady side (south side of the cove) but could be viewed from the mudflat across it at the east end. After 15 minutes It then flew into the area of the concrete outflow on the south side. Never as close as Adrian had it yesterday on the west side of the dam.

Mark Bright