Retraction

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi Folks: Guess what? There are at least 3 individual gulls near the dam area at Lake Los Carneros that might be candidates for Thayer’s Gull, & my list posted yesterday said that I had a Thayer’s/Iceland Gull. Upon consultation with various people, it appears that my candidate is better for a hybrid (sigh) Glaucous-winged x Herring Gull. If you can find Hugh Ranson’s portrait of the Thayer’s Gull, as well as Santiago Lupi’s, those are truly Thayer’s/Iceland Gull, which was seen on the CBC.
Back to the drawing board…..as they say…..

Joan Lentz