Lake Los Carneros 2020-01-23

Wim van Dam

Edited

I'm probably the last birder who still cared about this, but the AMERICAN BITTERN continues at Lake Los Carneros. This morning I saw it twice at the eastern-most arm of the lake.

Also present at LLC was a good looking MEW GULL in clean looking breeding plumage and a Coyote that howled every time it heard a siren.

Less amusing was a swimming PIED-BILLED GREBE that was fishing wire wrapped all over it. There is a fair amount of fishing floating around the lake. It would be great if somebody with the right connections could arrange some kind of clean up.

Wim

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #386: American Bittern