Some good duck counts

Nick Lethaby

All,

I started this AM at Ocean Beach where I had (for that location) a very high count of 511 Shoveler. Other duck numbers were unexceptional. After aborting my other Lompoc area plans due to poor weather, I checked out Area K and Devereux. Area K had 234 GW Teal, which is one of my highest ever counts in the county. There were 25 Blue-winged and 10 Cinnamon Teal as well. I counted 136 Wigeon here and there were lots of Gadwalls and Shoveler as well. At Devereux, 25 Redheads were the most I have seen this winter.

As noted by Dave C earlier this winter, Bufflehead numbers continue to be very low.

Nick

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA