Swainson’s hawks - south coast

Eric Culbertson <ebc101@...>

With the high cloud cover late this morning I decided to make a stationary count from the yard and hope something flys over. I was rewarded just before noon when two swainson’s hawks paused high overhead to soar before continuing west. I was able to watch them glide quite far before pausing again to gain some altitude, this time very deliberately veering northwest as they continued on their way. It was under similar weather conditions that I’ve had swainson’s hawks in the past here along the coast.

Eric Culbertson
Carpinteria