[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- White-faced Ibis (4 reports)
- Northern Parula (1 report)

White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi) (2)
- Reported Jun 17, 2020 09:03 by margeNdon thornton
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Dark green Ibis with maroon shoulder patch, broad white outline around eyes and beak, dark pink legs."

White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi) (2)
- Reported Jun 17, 2020 07:56 by Glenn Kincaid
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photos"

White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi) (1)
- Reported Jun 16, 2020 16:10 by Mary Suydam
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Clear as day. Very striking. A birder nearby said there are 2 others but they squabble a lot for territory so those 2 had moved off before we got there. Seen on the smaller pond on the way to the bluffs."

White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi) (3)
- Reported Jun 16, 2020 16:00 by Barbara Millett
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Maroon colored plumage on head, neck and body. Blue-green iridescence to wings. White feathered margin around red face. Long, slender, decurved bill. Foraging in western-most pond near NW portion of NCOS."

Northern Parula (Setophaga americana) (1)
- Reported Jun 16, 2020 09:45 by Rebecca Coulter
- Nojoqui Falls County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.5338803,-120.1769972&ll=34.5338803,-120.1769972
- Comments: "Continuing male singing often at this location, about a mile east of the park entrance. At one point while watching the male singing I thought I may have heard another bird singing farther off. But I could never confirm seeing two at a time. Favored the tall sycamores, often coming close to the road allowing great views."