Re: Wilson's Warbler in SB and other recent stuff

Jessie Altstatt

  FWIW, there have been multiple singing Wilson's Warblers in the willows within the Atascadero Creek Mitigation area (south of the creek) since April.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 9:44 AM Hugh Ranson <zonetail@...> wrote:
This morning, June 19th, there was a singing Wilson's Warbler in my SB Westside yard. I'm not sure what to make of this one: it seems late for a migrant (Mr. Lehman gives a late date of June 9th, 2016, in SB), and too early for a fall bird. Perhaps summer wanderer might fit this bird best?

I've been regularly walking the southern portion of Elings Park. A  young male Blue Grosbeak is summering at the park, sometimes being seen near the stone bench, and sometimes south of here, even as far as near the car park close to Cliff Drive. He's still singing away. A female was present a few weeks ago, but I'm guessing she was not impressed with his blueness--only his head is blue. There's a country song in there somewhere.

Other interesting birds a the park were a previously reported one day only Horned Lark on June 5th, and a Western Meadowlark on June 10th.

Hugh Ranson

Jessica Altstatt