[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Least Bittern (1 report)

Least Bittern (Ixobrychus exilis) (1)
- Reported Jun 30, 2020 19:20 by Susanne Meyer
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "At North end of lake, where this bird was observed before I heard these low toc-toc-toc vocalizations in the reeds. They sound similar to the ones posted by Libby Pattern and John Callender before. Due to freeway noise and other bird sounds it's hard to hear"