[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>
*** Species Summary:
- Common Ground Dove (1 report)
- Reddish Egret (1 report)
- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Santa Barbara County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35915
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Common Ground Dove (Columbina passerina) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2020 06:09 by Teale Fristoe
- Farren Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.443548,-119.9237752&ll=34.443548,-119.9237752
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71055730
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "First heard from beyond the gate at the end of the public road. Later heard from the eucs near the end and eventually seen. I think I flushed a second bird on my way out near the water tanks but couldn't relocate it to confirm."
Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2020 11:19 by Mark Holmgren
- Santa Ynez River Estuary, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.690362,-120.600358&ll=34.690362,-120.600358
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71066038
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Found yesterday by Florence Sanchez. Juvenile egret. Seen on both side of the RR tracks."
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1)
- Reported Jul 01, 2020 08:30 by Susanne Meyer
- Goleta Beach County Park (including east end of Goleta Slough), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4171771,-119.829812&ll=34.4171771,-119.829812
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71037764
- Comments: "Continuing bird roosting in the same brush as previously seen East of the bridge. Observed from bike path."
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
Manage your eBird alert subscriptions: