[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Ring-necked Duck (1 report)
- Orchard Oriole (2 reports)

Ring-necked Duck (Aythya collaris) (1)
- Reported Sep 14, 2020 08:31 by Deann Purcell
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "Presumably the same individual we saw on August 28. The bird seemed more white on its sides than last time we saw it. Overall, a black body with the white sides. Even from a distance, it’s golden eye was unmistakable. We saw him at a distance of perhaps 100 yards as it swam in front of the cormorants on the first island. We viewed the bird from the little beach at the parking lot. I got a picture but it’s so distant and blurry that it’s likely useless."

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1)
- Reported Sep 10, 2020 08:21 by John Deacon
- Deacon Home (Restricted Access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&;t=p&z=13&q=34.887029,-120.432212&ll=34.887029,-120.432212
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Somewhat smaller than HOORs that visit this hummingbird feeder. Black hood doesn't appear to extend past the eye. Darker than HOORs."

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1)
- Reported Sep 09, 2020 12:07 by John Deacon