COPR Buff-breasted Sandpiper

Nick Lethaby

This evening I found a Buff-breasted Sandpiper feeding along the lower tide rack on the beach west of Coal Oil Point. When I left the bird in the descending darkness, it was about 250 yards west of where the track to the Dune Pond leaves the beach. There is some rusty metal sticking about 3 feet out of the sand where this track meets the beach.

Given the amount of the disturbance along the beach here, I would recommend getting here early in the morning. The bird was not with other species and very confiding, but dogs would likely flush it.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200