Re: [CALBIRDS] Curlew Sandpiper in Goleta?

Dave Compton

Kris,

Can you clarify? It sounds as though you're saying you saw the bird at the west end of the Campus Lagoon, which would be a completely new location for this bird, as far as I know.

Dave

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 4:49 PM kris ohlenkamp <kris.ohlenkamp@...> wrote:
I found the bird just before 8AM this morning on the shore about 200 yards NW of Goleta Point adjacent to the west end of the lagoon.
Kris

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 04:42:52 PM PDT, Dave Compton <davcompton60@...> wrote:

The Goleta Curlew Sandpiper was present from 10:30 to some time after noon today, between the stairs at UCSB Lot 6 and the west end of Goleta Beach Park. I have heard no reports about whether it has been seen in the Coal Oil Point area, where it has roosted recently. It was reported to the local email list (SB Co Birding) late morning. Some people were heading down the stairs when I left at 12:15 or so, and another birder was photographing the bird. So there may be others who can provide information about where it was and when.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 4:11 PM Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Did anyone re-find the Curlew Sandpiper today? I went this morning and had
no luck, but not for lack of trying.

Lisa D Walker-Roseman, Fort Bragg, CA but currently in Lompoc, CA