Re: Refugio - Additional info

Nick Lethaby

All,

I noticed a definite arrival of landbird migrants in Goleta today. Winchester One had double the number of birds compared to two days ago. I thought the first bird I saw was possibly a Tennessee but I could never relocate it. The best definite sighting was a dull Nashville. Ellwood finally had some warblers again but not too many and nothing of interest.

Nick

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:29 PM Peter Schneekloth via groups.io <peterschneekloth=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The Tennessee was seen in the blooming Euc on the W side of the creek and closer to the beach than the big Euc. The bird was tough to tease out of this tree with fairly dense foliage. There were quite a few Western Tanagers, Orange-crowned, Wilson's and Yellow Warblers moving about as well as a Yellow-rumped. Fair looks at the Tennessee at link below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/50368280538/in/dateposted-public/

At one point I heard Crows raising an alarm so went over to see what was going on. The really cool looking dark Red-tailed Hawk had taken a Western Gull. The struggle went on for a bit and the Crows kept dive bombing the hawk but to no avail. Looks here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/50368341058/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton

--