Re: Dickcissel at Chase Palm Park

David Levasheff

I neglected to mention that Jeff Hanson was part of our team.
We tried like hell to make the bird a House Sparrow, but it wouldn’t quite mold to that species.
So a lesson learned to all, if in doubt take more looks, take photos and ask our top experts!

David

On Sep 29, 2020, at 14:22, David Levasheff via groups.io <levaweb=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

This morning my wife Janice found a Dickcissel in Chase Palm Park. Bird was foraging on the ground in a little corner of the pathways. Location is 34.415359°, -119.683717°

If you look at google maps (not in satelite mode) find Shipwreck Playground. Towards Cabrillo Blvd there is a little triangle of paths which is also above Casa Las Palmas. The Bird was in the eastern corner of the triangle. Foraging on grass seeds and such. Didn't seem to care about us in the least.

Photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/levaweb/albums/72157716183377693 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/levaweb/albums/72157716183377693>

--

David

--