Re: Northern Bobwhites at Lake Los Carneros

Nick Lethaby

All:

To those of you on the ultra rarebird alert, I will be adding the Bobwhite to the 'not rare' list to avoid hourly updates, since these are certainly not countable.

Nick

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Adrian O'Loghlen via groups.io <adrianologhlen=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pam Viale and I saw the two female Northern Bobwhites at LLC this am (Mon).  They were at the edge of the reeds about 15' south of the blocked-off entrance to the western end of the wooden footbridge.  Lehman (BOSBC, 2020) lists this species in a section titled "Escapes and Exotic Species" and there is no species account for it.  It was my impression that the LLC birds were very tamed as they showed no reaction to our presence while we were photographing them from at most 15 ' away.

Photos at;
https://flic.kr/ps/2A7WDv

Adrian O'Loghlen
Goleta