Re: Gray Catbird reported to eBird

Scot Pipkin

Hi All,
    I reported the catbird, which was fairly cooperative. I'll post pictures to ebird later tonight, but an image through my binoculars is attached. This afternoon, around 3pm, bird was vocalizing in an oak tree at the Garden entrance and flew into a lemonade berry adjacent to the pedestrian gate leading across Mission Canyon rd. It appears to have an appetite for the dried up grapes that are growing on the lemonade berry. There's also a toyon with unripe fruit in that area. Adam Searcy, Casey Richart, and Steven Gaulin were present and got good looks at the bird. Three American White Pelicans flew overhead when we were looking for the catbird. Just a reminder that the Garden is open to the general public from 10am-5pm (9am-10am is member hour) and visitors are required to wear masks.

Best,
   Scot Pipkin
   Santa Barbara, CA

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 5:19 PM Dave Compton <davcompton60@...> wrote:
Someone reported a Gray Catbird from the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden parking lot today. Not a lot of detail in the report, but it sounds promising, nonetheless: