Re: Miguelito Park and Ocean Park

Dave Compton

Oops. Hit send before completely editing and signing:

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM Dave Compton <davcompton60@...> wrote:
Today, November 7, U visited Ocean Park and Miguelito Park, dodging rain and (at Ocean Park) strong winds.

The best birds were a YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER and VARIED THRUSH at Miguelito. Both were in an area along the creek where there were a lot of grapes (near the big RV).

I did not make it down to the beach at Ocean Park, where the combination of strong winds and sporadic rain made birding a bit of a challenge. I didn't find anything more unusual here than a BRANT that I didn't see until scoping from the bluff south of the estuary, along Ocean Rd. It was in the upper estuary. A female scaup looked likely to be a Greater, but she was pretty actively diving, so head shape was not easy to judge.

At Miguelito