Mission Creek at the beach

Hugh Ranson <zonetail@...>

There are two Iceland (Thayer's Gulls) at the mouth of Mission Creek. Both are first winter birds and were hanging out together. One is unusual in having a dull flesh-colored base to the bill. There were also several first-winter Herring Gulls on either side of the wharf, and I counted a minimum of ten Glaucous-winged Gulls. The Snow Goose is still there and is becoming a little too comfortable with people. At one point it was grazing on the grass next to the bike path.

A record shot of this afternoon's Tufted Duck (Dave tells me it's back for an 8th winter!) here:

Hugh Ranson