IV and UCSB Student Health building area, 24 December

Dave Compton

This morning, I birded at UCSB around the Student Health Center, then birded around Isla Vista. Not much of interest. Best birds were a returning female COSTA'S HUMMINGBIRD in front of 6504 Pardall Rd and a NASHVILLE WARBLER in tipus behind the apartments across the street (6509 Pardall), which would be one of two birds that have wintered in this area in recent years.

Lots of birds around the Student Health building, but nothing unusual that I could find. There are a lot of signs around the perimeter of main campus saying that no visitors are allowed on campus, except for coastal access areas.