Sunday Birding

Hugh Ranson <zonetail@...>

On Sunday I walked from the Hendry's Beach car park to the Wilcox Property (AKA Douglas Family Preserve). Despite there being quite a few blooming eucs, I didn't find anything of note. Best birds were a couple of Fox Sparrows.

Later in the afternoon I walked from the harbour to the mouth of Mission Creek. There was a drake Redhead at the creek mouth, but I didn't see the Snow Goose nor any Iceland Gulls. I haven't seen any loons on recent visits to the waterfront, so I was pleased to see a Common Loon. Last week, after sunset, there was a group of 24 Pacific Loons off More Mesa.

Hugh Ranson