Baltimore Oriole

Hugh Ranson <zonetail@...>

As I biked home from work today an oriole chattered from a euc as I rode past. Luckily I had my dragonflying binocs with me and got to see the bird, and it was an apparent Baltimore Oriole. It had a mottled brown head, no black chin, and fairly rich orange underparts. The orange was brightest on the breast. This was at Modoc and Via Zorro. I had checked out this area before count day, and there was no evidence of orioles (or anything else interesting).

This morning the Tennessee Warbler continued to chip away in its favorite tree.

Hugh Ranson