Tennessee Warbler

Florence Sanchez

I found the Tennessee Warbler this morning in its usual bottlebrush tree in front of 354 Arroyo Rd.  It was working very low in the tree, making it easy to see all the field marks.

Afterwards, I looked for the Baltimore Oriole that has been seen in the Hope Ranch Annex without success.  However, it was mid-morning and activity level in general was not high.  I explored the Modoc Preserve along Modoc Road and found three BlueGum eucs in bloom that look to be a promising place to continue to check for this oriole.  Several Warblers in them today.