La Cumbre peak

Jay “Bluejay” Bishop

Hello Birders,
Today at 9:40 I had 2 Pygmy Nuthatches at the peak. About ten minutes later I had a novice trumpet player begin his two hours of practicing. Super rude and frustrating. I walked down the road in the shade about 300 yards and found the silent Townsend’s Soitaire. It was at the last big lefthand curve before the top. It was on both sides of the road but on my way back up the road, I did not see it again. There were very few birds up there. Two Common Ravens but Zero warblers of any kind. Also not a single Ruby-crowned Kiglet or Dark-eyed Junco and only one Hermit thrush in two hours. They must HATE trumpets.
Jay Bishop