Re: Western Tanager along Arroyo Burro Creek

Phila Rogers

I heard a Western Tanager in Oak Park this morning.  Isn't it too early in the season for them to be migrating?  We have many crows here at Samarkand.  Could that be why we have no Mockingbirds?  Phila Rogers

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:44 PM Gage Ricard <sbgager@...> wrote:
It was a rather birdy morning along Arroyo Burro Creek trail upstream from Calle de los Amigos Bridge. Highlights include a Western Tanager, flock of Cedar Waxwings, Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Pine Siskins, and American Goldfinch among the Lesser Goldfinches. The Arroyo Willows are in bloom attracting birds and bees alike. Missed the Hammond's Flycatcher this morning, although saw it recently on February 10.

Gage Ricard