Re: Leucistic Red-tailled Hawk

Dave Compton

Hi Jay,

We've had a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk in that area for several years, and it has been involved in nesting events in the area.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Jay “Bluejay” Bishop <bluejaybishop@...> wrote:
At 11:45 Los Carneros and Hollister in Goleta, I had a really cool looking Red-tail. About one third of this birds feathers are white. The bird looks like it spent the night under a Great Blue Heron nest. Could not get a photo but if someone does I would love to see it.
Campus point was windy but not cold. No rarities to report from there but fun nonetheless. Tons to look at.
Jay Bishop