Yellow-breasted Chat, White-throated Sparrow in Montecito

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:
I had the wintering Chat and a White-throated Sparrow ( been around a couple of days ) at my pond today.
When I looked closely at the chat, I saw what appears to be some sort of disfiguration to its bill.
This reminds me that I saw a disturbing post online about an outbreak of salmonella at feeders in the Central Coast area, in SF area, and in the Sierra Nevada.  It seems that Pine Siskins are especially affected, but I don’t feed siskins so am thinking this may be more widespread.
They’re suggesting we take down our seed feeders for awhile, clean them, and let this outbreak die down. https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2021/02/08/salmonellosis-outbreak-causing-songbird-deaths/
Very upsetting!

Good birding!
Joan Lentz