Continuing Neotropic Cormorant

Dave Compton

The Neotropic Cormorant was present again at the Andree Clark Bird Refuge in Santa Barbara this afternoon, this time visible from the parking lot, at the east end of the easternmost island.

Note that, after I reported the bird last week, a birder who had visited this site in the morning on 22 June added Neotropic Cormorant to her eBird checklist, and included 2 photos of what looks like the same bird. So, it's been around a while. Also, while the bird was missed by several birders Tuesday morning, and I've seen it twice in the afternoon, it has been seen in the morning at least once.